Friday, May 3, 2013

the dark side of training

i'm not even all the way through with my first week of my first month of build training, and i'm already seeing the dark side of training that i feared so much.

due to conflicts with the CTO's schedule, i didn't get to leave for my swim today until 5:30pm. which means i didn't get to put my bebe to bed.

tomorrow, i get up at 5:30am to go to work, which (Nurse Gods willing) finishes at 3:30. work will be immediately followed by a 14 mile run on a route i've never done before. so, best case scenario, i'm done with my run and ready to drive home by 6:15pm. it takes 35min to get home with no traffic. and the kiddo has been going to bed between 6:45-7pm these days. which means i probably won't see him AT ALL on Saturday.

this realization made me cry as i said goodbye to him today.

but that's not all, folks. on Sunday, i have a longassmuthafuckin brick (70 mile ride + 4 mile run), for which i'll leave the house no later than 6am (again, before bebe wakes up). if i'm lucky i'll be done by 12.

if he's awake when i get home, that will be 42.5 hours that i have not seen my son.

this breaks my heart! i knew it would be hard, i did. especially starting work. but owie. i'm working on figuring out how to rearrange my schedule so i don't spend DAYS away from my child.

any working parents out there have tips for maximizing time with the kidlets? and poor CTO...he gets less time with me than the kid does :/

No comments:

Post a Comment