Friday, May 31, 2013

and the podiatrist says:

"no running for two weeks."

boo.

i go back in two weeks to re-xray and to make sure it's not displaced and is healing well. if it looks good, he will let me know how much i can do safely and how to progress. if not, we continue waiting.


see how he didn't tell me how to progress up front? methinks he knows i *might* try to progress on my own before getting xrays. danggit.


in the meantime, all my 'runs' will be replaced with the elliptical (insert sarcastic 'yay' here + eyeroll.) i'm also too sore to properly clip in and out, making me unstable. thus my scheduled 100mi ride/2 mi brick has been modified into a 5hr trainer ride with some hill intervals thrown in.

let's hope the buddy tape is strong enough to hold for 5 hours!
.

1 comment:

  1. Bummer! Well, I'm glad to hear that you're finding alternative ways to train. Maybe you can find a great 5-hour movie to watch! :)

    ReplyDelete