Sunday, June 2, 2013

week(s) in workouts

well, i survived the elliptical 'workouts' and the 5 hr trainer ride.

it doesn't seem to matter how hard i push on the elliptical, i can't ever get my heart rate up. highest resistance? check. highest incline? check. HR? 112. pbbbbbbbbbt. oh well. it's better than sitting on my coach, self-medicating with trader joe's chocolate ice cream... hypothetically. 

5 hr trainer ride was fine until 2.5 hrs (when my iPad farted out.) i had to spend the next 2.5 hrs in 93F, 88% humidity weather (read: feels like 104F) staring at the side of my house, in full sun. occasionally the kidlet or the CTO would rap on the window and smile, but otherwise it was just me and my thoughts. so i basically went bananas. it was not a pretty sight up in my synapses. but i stuck with it and finished. this is me looking about as good as i felt in the last 15min of the ride. 



will someone tell me how/why the stomach pooch always shows up for photos, even though it doesn't really exist in real life? sasquatch stomach pooch? spandex is not ego friendly, that's for dernsure. 

all pooches aside, the trainer ride was great practice for the heat, as well as for practicing my nutrition. i'm not going to train in the heat allll of the time, because that would totally wipe me out, but i am going to do it occasionally to make sure my nutrition plan is nails. 

how do y'all prepare for the summer heat?

oh yeah. week(s) in workouts!

last week:
M: rest day
T: rest day
W: anaerobic swim (4x325 HI main set) + 1:15 spin
Th: anaerobic bike (10x2min hills main set) + 50min elliptical
F: long aerobic swim (500wu, 5x500 main set, 200 cd)
Sa: 5hr trainer ride
Su: 50min elliptical

next week:
M: rest day
T: 1:15 spin + 50min elliptical
W: anaerobic swim + 1:15 spin
Th: anaerobic bike (12x2min VHI main set) + 50min elliptical
F: rest day (moving to a new apartment...so not especially restful but whatever)
Sa: 50min elliptical
Su: 1:15 spin

1 comment:

  1. I hate pictures that make things appear that aren't there! I especially am not fond of any race photos of me. I feel like I look like a beast, but then it always looks like I'm shuffling around!

    Way to go on the long trainer ride. I would have gone insane!

    ReplyDelete