Tuesday, February 5, 2013

and so it begins

(Officially)

As of Monday, I officially started my IM Lou training program with Coach Jason. I'm in the atx for 10d to visit family, so the schedule is a bit wonky, but I'm so happy to have gotten started!

This week, as an official IM-athlete-in-training, I will:

Mon: rest day
Tue: 50min run at med intensity (did 5.4mi) + strength training
Wed: swim 3x200 drills wu, 12x100 @ max 30sec rest, 200cd
Thur: 50min run
Fri: swim 6x125 drills, 8x225 10sec rest, 200 cd + strength training
Sat: run 15min wu, 8x2min hard hill intervals, cd
Sun: swim (same as wed)

Feel super lucky to start training down here in Austin. it means i get to run on the trail (thx for keeping me company, Nicole!) and swim at Big Stacy (cant wait to have JRo kick my butt there). and AND my recovery meals are from my favorite places on earth (magnolia, maudies, franklin, kerby lane, amys, chuys, torchys...)

Next week: return to Beantown and add biking back into the mix!

And for good measure, I'll say official again. OFFICIAL.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You are going to do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo!!! You're going to do so great with all your training, and IMLou is just going to be awesome! Enjoy Austin now, because it looks like "Beantown" is going to get hammered with snow!

    ReplyDelete