Sunday, September 2, 2012

the new steed

After 10+ years of riding the ol' beater (2002ish Iron Horse road bike), I've gone and done it.... bought a fancy-pants new tri bike, that is. This bike was a push present of sorts from the husband (I guess only tri-geeks get gear as push presents? The rumor is other ladies get jewelry. Weirdos.)

JSwan and N helped me name her the 'Black Widow 36,' where the 36 represents how many hours I was in labor with the dudebaby.

Thus, may I introduce to you, BW-36:


BW-36 is a TREK Speed Concept 7.0. Had to do some modifications to get her to fit, but now we are besties. Bought her back in June, and have ridden 100+ miles since. I am in love. To pay tribute to my new city--the bike is WICKED fast.

Stay tuned for PR bike splits from this season's two races (Boston triathlon & Lobsterman)!

No comments:

Post a Comment