Tuesday, November 20, 2012

end of swim focus, texas, and the trail

the start of my 2 week trip to ATX with the bebe signified the end of my swim-focus. and i was *almost sad to see it go.

a friend hooked me up with a few 7-day passes for a local gym in case the urge to swim struck me.

it did not strike.

instead, i was bowled over by the huge Texas sky and the amazing weather and was inspired to RUN. running was the only form of exercise in which i partook during our travels. but let me tell you. it was amazing. maybe it felt good to run again because i was getting back to my roots (i started out as a runner in my athletic life via soccer and cross-country.) maybe it felt good because it was freaking 75 and sunny in NOVEMBER. or maybe it felt good to run because it was not the pool. whatever it was, it was awesome.



i ran in my parent's neighborhood. i ran in the adjacent neighborhoods. i ran at the glorious Hike-and-Bike trail, aka my Mecca. i ran farther than i have in months, with no pains or aches anywhere, other than my ego. the miles were glorious, but s-l-o-w.

next week i meet with my coach to hammer out the details of next season. a lot has been going on for me personally, and some (VERY BIG) things in my life are in flux right now. so it'll be interesting to see what coach thinks, and how he handles it. if he doesn't run screaming in the other direction, i'll let you know what we decide!

until then, happy early turkey day, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment