Tuesday, October 9, 2012

off season plan - october

How are we already into the second week of October??

My plan for this month is to swim 5 days a week, focusing on form. I've found a site that posts master's swim workouts every day, so I'll alternate between drills and those workouts. I'll still cycle and run at least 1x week as well.

That is, when I get started.

Technically, I started last week. Swam once, on Tuesday. Then my parents came into town for a day. Then our little fam took the train to NYC. In my mind, I was going to swim at the hotel. Turns out hubby booked us at the Waldorf Astoria. I was so excited about staying in this fancy-ass place I didn't do any research on it other than to ooh and ahh at the pictures online.

babyman eating spinach in his suite:


For all the swank, though, this place DOES NOT HAVE A POOL. And since I am swim-focusing, I didn't bring my running shoes. Thus, my workouts for the four day weekend included walking, pushing a stroller, walking, lifting a stroller down stairs to gain access to a handicap elevator (I kid you not,) and walking some more.

Next time we go on vacation and I have a training schedule (which is always) I'll need to research the hotel a little more. Lesson learned.

Mondays are my day off still, so I'm calling do-overs and will start my four week swim focus now. As in today. Today, the day my kiddo is freaking-out teething. Today, the day I have a babysitter interview at 7PM that I haven't prepared for. Today, the day the gym playroom is booked up.

This is all good practice for the determination I will need to keep up my intense training schedule that starts in February. I can do this. I WILL DO THIS. Starting with a swim today!

No comments:

Post a Comment