Saturday, September 13, 2014

post-partum fitness

or lack thereof....

i don't remember it being this hard to get back into shape last time! i know it took me a solid 3mo to lose the remaining 8lbs of my baby weight, but it didn't feel this hard.

perhaps it's because i gained approximately 25lbs more during this pregnancy than i should have (50lbs!!!) oops. i have since lost all but 15lb of it. but MAN it feels like i'm running with a 15lb weight vest on. my boobs actually BOUNCE now when i run, which is new.

speaking of which, i am waiting for this fabled 'weight loss from breastfeeding' to kick in. so far, 16wks out, i think it's a lie.

i know i know, cut myself a break i just had a baby. i'm not obsessing over it. i know i'll lose it eventually as i keep eating well and exercising. it's just weird. going from the best shape of my life during IMLou training, to wearing a 15lb fat-vest (more like fat-pants but whatever).

anyways, i've been trying to figure out how i'm going to train for the Paris marathon, breastfeed, watch an infant and a toddler, and take care of a house. something's got to give, and since it's a comeback race for me, i figure the race is the one. i'm still going to run it, but i won't be going for a PR or dedicating as much time to training as i have for previous 26.2's.

anyone out there ever done abbreviated training for endurance events (max 3-4d a week of running) or tried the crossfit endurance programs??

i think imma try THIS ONE


1 comment:

  1. In 2010 I did the FIRST training method which was only three days of running. I know it suggests cross training and unless walking a husky counts as cross training, I did not do any. I did three quality workouts a week and sometimes added one easy day of running. I PR'd and broke four hours on a hot day. It worked really well and I did not get burnt out. I knew I had to do my (stupid) speedwork and a long run and I was done. You might look into it, it worked for me!

    ReplyDelete