Thursday, September 12, 2013

feeling lucky

had an appointment with my doc today. apparently i am 'lucky.'

doc was pretty impressed at the amount of soft tissue damage done by the bike cleat, most notably the puncture wound. (i guess fractures are less exciting these days? so 2010.) turns out Dude Who Stomped on My Foot with His Bike Cleat was mere millimeters from sending me to the OR to fix some ruptured tendons.

he looked me square in the face and said i was 'lucky.' i didn't feel it in that moment, i was actually more irritated than anything. but now, i feel it a little. maybe. my wee crack of a fracture will be healed in no time. i can stop wearing the boot sooner than later. i'll be back running in 6 weeks. compared to surgery, 6mo in the boot, and no running for even longer (all whilst trying to care for a highly energetic 18mo old), my lot doesn't seem so bad.

to address the 2.5 weeks of inactivity initiated by such good 'luck,' i went for a swim on Tuesday. i'm not even sure at this point that i still know how to swim. it's surprising the BSC staff didn't jump in and try to rescue me from what must have looked like a slow, forward motion grand mal seizure.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Emily! I wanted to check in with you to see how your foot is healing. I also wanting to see how you are doing overall. I hope you are doing well, Happy 2014.

    If you prefer to email me, I am k_dodson1@hotmail.com.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete